- To circulate information about the production of goats and sheep.
- To provide technical training to our members.
- To provide technical support to our members
- To improve the various breeds of goats and sheep.
- Strengthen the capability of the Society itself to deliver its programmes and to strategically focus its activities to make best use of its resources.
- Encourage the proper keeping of goats and sheep in T&T and promote the use of their milk, meat and by-products so as to increase and sustain the local supply and consumption.
- Provide educational opportunities and to publish informational material that will develop the human resource potential and competitiveness of the local producers in the sector.
- Represent the interests of all local producers of goat and sheep products in areas of policy planning, governance and sector development.
- Stimulate social, technical and economic co-operation, and establish the machinery for the systematic interchange of information and experience on all aspects of development, production, processing, innovation, quality control, and marketing within the sector.
- Establish and monitor quality standards for all goat and sheep products, providing a culture of excellence within the community and assurance of quality for the consumers of these products.